Our current deed restrictions state that garbage cans are to be stored in the garage. The TLIA board would like residents to store their garbage cans inside or create a partition according to deed restrictions. Garbage cans and other such items stored on the side of your house are unsightly. Let’s keep Twin Lakes the quality subdivision that it has always been. It benefits all of our property values.
White Lake Residents Only Contact Number: 248-702-4618
Customer Contact Number: 1-844-464-3587
Bulk waste - Most items generated by a household can be set out for curbside collection on your waste pick up day (no need to call) including furniture, appliances, mattresses, box springs, and carpet. Please keep bulk items separate from trash and recyclables.
- Carpet - Must be cut and bundled into 4 foot sections.
- Construction Debris - Allowed 3-32 gallon containers of construction debris or equivalent.
- Paint (Latex Only) - Mix with kitty litter to dry. DO NOT cover empty paint cans.
- Exempt Items - Tires, rims, cement, and stones are not covered under our current contract.
- Yard Waste - MARCH 28TH THROUGH DECEMBER 9TH- Composting is done by a separate truck on the same day. Yard waste is defined as leaves, lawn cuttings, shrub/tree trimmings and the like. Place into biodegradable bags or containers of 35 gallons or less. We enforce a weight limit of 50 pounds.
- Brush and limbs - If greater than 2 inches in diameter must be in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length and not exceed a total of 18 inches in diameter.
- Not considered yard waste - Dirt, sod, large stumps, sand, gravel, concrete, rocks, animal feces and dead animals.
- Christmas Trees - Will be picked up the 1st and 2nd weeks in January on your regularly scheduled day. Trees over 6 feet must be cut in half.
Holidays - GFL is closed on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If your pickup day falls on or after a holiday during the business week, services will be pushed back one day. For Twin Lakes Village that day is SATURDAY.
GFL accepts many items for recycling, for a complete list click here
. If you have more items than will fit in your bin you may purchase a can and label it "Recycling". To search for alternate recycling options try Earth911.com and visit our local recycling page.